About Our Veterinary Hospital in Hampton, VA


 
2643223438_2747fa6d87_o
 
Opening in 1956, the owners, Drs Allen Wright and Larry Frost, had the second Hampton City veterinary practice for small animals. Dr. Frost also worked a large animal practice out of the hospital while Dr. Wright attended to the small animals. Their practice grew and the years passed. In June, 1980, Drs. Michael and Beverly Silkey purchased the practice from the retiring doctors. Continuing the medical and surgical care of our small patients, the number of doctors has grown to 4 with the aid of 3 technicians and a staff of over 30 assitants.
 
In 1986, the Armistead Animal Inn opened and expanded our boarding and day care availability to the public. In 1992, the hospital became certified by the American Animal Hospital Association and has maintained that high standard to this day. Only 17% of veterinary practices in the country have achieved this certification.
 
 
2643220646_32d92e8151_o
 
2643221536_a06f7e66cd_o
 
2643223052_3a39cefa6f_o
 
 
Again having out grown hospital space and a need to update the facility, in 2001 we planned and implemented the physical expansion of the hospital. Now more modern and spacious, the enhanced hospital tells employee and client that Armistead Avenue Veterinary Hospital looks to the future.